Inc42 is a technology focused media portal with extensive focus on innovation and creating value. In the past year Inc42 has extended its reach in the Indian startup ecosystem and established a good brand value by publishing quality content. We are now looking to expand rapidly, both in terms of content and technologically, and have a lot of interesting things coming up soon.
Our team works to provide highly engaging content for ours readers. Our team is very stable, high in integrity & high performance – not to mention super fun & know how to have a great time while rocking the work they do, everyday!
Are you someone in the your friend circle who is called as “Grammar Nazi”. And swear to Wren and Martin once in a while. You constantly keep on upgrading your vocabulary. You unconsciously correct the mail and messages received from friends and family, forgetting the real purpose of the message. You can’t stand the fact when people don’t understand the difference between Your and You’re. If you just answered yes to above questions. Then what are you waiting for. We want you in the team as an Editor so that you can sharpen the article and stories written by our brilliant team of Journalist, Correspondents and New Writers.
- overseeing the layout, appearance and content of feature articles
- generating ideas for features with writing staff
- commissioning articles from freelance and in-house writers
- managing writing staff and freelance feature writers
- editing and re-writing articles, some of which may be rejected or returned to the writer for revision
- overseeing artwork and design
- organising meetings with writers and artists to discuss ideas for artwork, layout and features
- understanding and complying with media law and industry ethical guidelines;
- selecting feature articles for each issue
- sending out briefs to writers, which can include word count, deadline, fee and writing style
- proofreading all the stories before going publishing
- Rewriting articles, if required
- raising the profile of the magazine
- networking with others at industry events
- assisting other staff to meet their deadlines
- Organising guest authors and columnists
- Working closely with the Editor in Chief for creating content calendar and schedule
- Working with the marketing team to enhance pageviews
- Creating and tracking writing teams’ performance reports
Candidates must lie in one of the four categories mentioned below
- Minimum 3 years in the same domain as an Editor/Editor in Chief/Managing Editor
- Minimum 5-7 years in other domain as an Editor/Editor in Chief/Managing Editor
- Minimum 5 years in the same domain as Associate/Assistant/Sub Editor
- Minimum 8-10 years in other domain as an Associate/Assistant/Sub Editor
- Complete ownership of the product you designed
- Competitive Salary
- Cool open office culture, fun & fast paced environment
- Work with one of the best teams in the industry
- Make a dent in the universe!