Inc42 is a technology focused media portal with extensive focus on innovation and creating value. In the past year, Inc42 has extended its reach in the Indian startup ecosystem and established a good brand value by publishing quality content. We are now looking to expand rapidly, both in terms of content and technology, and have a lot of interesting things coming up soon.
Our team works to provide highly engaging content for ours readers. Our team is very stable, high in integrity & high performance – not to mention super fun & know how to have a great time while rocking the work they do, everyday!
We’re looking to hire experienced journalists based out of Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore.
The core purpose of a journalist is to research, document, write, and present the news in an honest, ethical, and unbiased way. Although the method for reporting the news may be changing, the need for talented, qualified and educated journalists isn’t. A journalist job description still calls for hard work, ethics, quality writing, and, at its heart, the desire to tell the truth.
- Track & report current events & news on Startup Ecosystem
- Analyse information and present in a concise manner
- Talk to hundreds of people in the startup domain. Get exclusive stories. Conduct interviews.. Identify trends.
- You must be open to taking on additional responsibility during events and conferences.
We’re looking for candidates with at least 3 (three) years of experience in reporting on business or technology. You must either know technology or business well. Candidates from Startup background will be preferred.
1. What do you want to do?
You need to know and be passionate about Startup ecosystem and Technology (Product and/or Service) in India. You need to live and breathe digital, and be someone who is always connected. This domain should matter to you. You have to tell us what in Startup’s matters to you and why.
2. What kind of a person are you? You need to be:
- Obsessive about details, and have a strong sense of skepticism and understanding of logic.
- Comfortable with ambiguity: ours is a fast paced business, with limited information at your disposal
- You need to have an eye for news, and a desire to get the news first.
- You need to be social: being active on social networks, especially Twitter, is a must.
3. What can you do?
- You need to have excellent command of the English language – both written and spoken English.
- Preference would be given to candidates with online work experience and had association with Startup News agencies , or at least having blogged for a few years.
- Complete ownership of the product you're developing
- Competitive Salary
- Cool open office culture, fun & fast paced environment
- Work with one of the best teams in the industry
- Make a dent in the universe!