Inc42 is a technology focused media portal with extensive focus on innovation and creating value. In the past year Inc42 has extended its reach in the Indian startup ecosystem and established a good brand value by publishing quality content. We are now looking to expand rapidly, both in terms of content and technologically, and have a lot of interesting things coming up soon.
Our team works to provide highly engaging content for ours readers. Our team is very stable, high in integrity & high performance – not to mention super fun & know how to have a great time while rocking the work they do, everyday!
We, at Inc42, are creating a team of talented digital journalism specialists to work across content teams to create high-end storytelling on non-broadcast platforms, and introduce specialised skills into News, such as data visualisation, front-end development, data journalism, data-driven interactives, motion graphic animations, and audience development and distribution.
Reporting to the Editor, you will create engaging, innovative digital journalism in tandem with in-depth Inc42 journalism and news events. Your key responsibilities will also include to:
- Plan, edit, produce, sub and publish mobile-first digital content for investigative and long-form articles.
- Improve the ways of presenting content in digital spaces,
- Ideate and present new content formats.
- Create and distribute highly-shareable content on social media and other emerging digital platforms.
- Collaborate with writers and journalist to constantly improve the offering to the audience.
- Keep up-to-date with industry developments and audience trends, in particular on mobile devices.
You will have strong communication skills and advanced editorial judgement, with at least 2 years' experience in producing and publishing digital content for a news media organisation, together with photo-journalism experience as well as the ability to report, shoot and edit video independently and delivering a polished final product under specific timeframes.
- Experience and interest in developing longer-form content for digital audiences.
- Ability to identify story opportunities and reshaping existing ideas into content that will appeal to digital audiences.
- Highly advanced skills with Adobe Creative Suite tools and in producing engaging on-screen graphics, titles and motion graphics.
- Knowledge of Python or JS for developing interactive graphs is a plus.
- Knowledge of user behaviours on digital platforms and the influence they have on how news video, interactives and graphics are distributed, especially on mobile devices.
- Awareness of new media technologies and platforms. Experience with online publishing systems.
- Ability to analyse and interpret audience metrics to influence decision making.
- Complete ownership of the product you designed
- Competitive Salary
- Cool open office culture, fun & fast paced environment
- Work with one of the best teams in the industry.
- Make a dent in the universe!