Inc42 is a technology focused media portal with extensive focus on innovation and creating value. In the past year Inc42 has extended its reach in the Indian startup ecosystem and established a good brand value by publishing quality content. We are now looking to expand rapidly, both in terms of content and technologically, and have a lot of interesting things coming up soon.
Our team works to provide highly engaging content for ours readers. Our team is very stable, high in integrity & high performance – not to mention super fun & know how to have a great time while rocking the work they do, everyday!
As a Growth Marketer at Inc42, you are an evangelist, driving users to our platform. Our Growth Marketing Team is broadly divided into two segments:
- Content is at the core of our growth strategy at Inc42. You'll find yourself working closely with our team of journalists to create value for our users, who are decision makers across different sectors. You will learn to prioritize content, choose the right keywords, and build value for users in the form of articles, blog posts, SlideShare's, visualizations, and even ebooks.
- Our Distribution team works to distribute our content and products via relevant organic channels — email, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Quora, Reddit, mailing lists, forums, and paid growth.
As a Growth Marketer, you will become a respected thought leader in the communities you work across – sharing relevant content to those who are in need of better frameworks to make decisions. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something big and transformative to play a critical and broad role in driving our success.
- Work closely with the Editorial Team.
- Develop the strategy roadmap and roll-out for website improvements and evolution across all devices
- Translate business requirements, user needs and metrics into actionable insights and project plans as it relates to all digital properties
- Learn, absorb, and implement as much as you can.
- Analyze statistics and propose and implement approved changes to marketing plan.
- Contribute to online research for infographics, etc.
- Accountable for all content marketing initiatives to drive traffic, engagement, leads, that deliver sales and customer retention.
- Collaborates across functions and silos to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to meet business objectives - create the content our audience is looking for and then to optimize the path to conversion
- Editorial requirements include basic SEO understanding, content categorization and structure, content development, distribution and measurement. Development of editorial governance so content is consistent with our brand voice, style and tone.
- Manage editorial calendar and organization workflows
- Channel management of digital content hubs and all supporting social channels including email / newsletter distribution - must understand the basic best practices of the main social media channels, which content and approaches work on each and why
- Measurement and optimization of the program will be required on a regular and ongoing basis
- Management of all creative resources including designers, writers, and other agency personnel
- Perform daily account management of pay per click accounts on Google AdWords, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and other search platforms to improve click-through rates and identify areas for improvement.
- Keep pace with search engine and pay-per-click industry trends and developments.
- Prepare, analyze, and maintain ongoing reporting dashboards as well as ad hoc reports to track performance, optimization, and return on investment objectives
- Make advertising decisions based on what the data trends are dictating
- Automate, build and innovate new processes in order to improve overall efficiency and scalability
The broad scope of responsibility of this role requires a varied set of skills and experience to address all of its dimensions:
- Graduate minimum preferred. We will also consider self-taught enthusiasts, and those that have gained the necessary experience through life and have a desire and drive to accomplish the job at hand.
- Be willing to learn and to be part of a team.
- 3-4 years of relevant experience in digital content strategy and tactics including content creation, editing, analytics, social media marketing and search engine optimization
- Proven work experience as a high quality content creator and syndicator
- Ability to analyze and present content and social performance
- Knowledge of SEO and the ability to drive that is a must
- Experience with Wordpress, Google analytics, Slideshare, and the top social channels
- Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results in the form of engagement, leads and sales
- Self-motivated with a passion for marketing, advertising and campaign management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical capabilities in data analysis (should have knowledge of either Google Analytics or Mixpanel)
- High attention to detail with excellent follow-through
- Ability to leverage new technologies and automation capabilities to enhance search engine marketing efforts
- Complete ownership of the product you designed
- Competitive Salary
- Cool open office culture, fun & fast paced environment
- Work with one of the best teams in the industry
- Make a dent in the universe!